Sunday, June 26, 2005

What to keep, what to toss, what to give away

Ok, I think its time. time to put sentiment aside and start getting rid of things. If Ken and I ever want to move someday it will be much easier to get this done now. I can hear Karen gasping right now....NO MOM! WAIT ! well don't worry Karen I wont give away anything of yours! But I really do need to start on this project and a large project it is ! I mean I still have toys and baby clothes from when Amber was a baby!! So that is going on 28 years now of accumulated things from all 4 children!! Plus all of Kens and my things ! since alot of toys that I have i can't remember what is special to you or even who's toys belong to which one. Cindy helped me sort through a couple tubs of all kinds of little toys and that was a big help. she got tired and begged to quit just from these 2 tubs! but she kept at it and we got that done. So I guess what I need to do is after i sort as to what belongs to who, then i will put them into neat stacks for each child and then you will be asked to sort through it and YOU will have to decide then yourselves.....keep, toss, or give away .....and you will be responsible for taking what you want away and storing it at your own houses!! of course being fair...ok...
Amber has been on her own the longest plus has room to store so .....Amber is first.....Brian is not as sentimental as us girls so don't think he will have much to take.....karen and cindy don't have any room to store as yet and haven't been out on their own as long so I will probably continue to store for them for a while yet......but i really need to know if you want to come and help decide what goes. , I could always do what MY mom did.........and that is she just got rid of all my things! I never even knew it until I was grown and then starting thinking back and realized everything was gone! but really there is just a few things I wish i could have kept......there was a wooden rocking horse my grandpa made special for me and i wish i could have kept that. and a couple dolls that were special to me. and a stuffed white kitty named "gickky" . also my farm set, i played with my farm set the most and it is gone. but that is just the way my mom did it. she didn't want all that clutter around and i can understand that. she had 4 kids too. well let me know what you think. I am in a cleaning mood! Ken and I would like to do some home improvements also for the day when we do decide to sell so we can get a decent price. I am really thinking I would like to move after retirement, not sure where yet, but thinking about maybe Cheyenne.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I would be glad to store my own things. Can we please wait until after we move to Springs though? Otherwise, we will have to move things twice which would not only be a pain but would cost us more since we plan on hiring movers maybe.

I think you guys should consider moving to Springs too! You would be close to us and also Brian that way. Then maybe we could talk Karen and Cindy into moving down this direction as well. It is very pretty there.

Anonymous said...

:( It's so sad! How can i get rid of some toys and keep others without their feelings getting hurt? Amber knows what I'm talking about ;)

We might be able to move to Springs when Zachy is on his internship (about 4 years)

~~Karen

Amber said...

yeah, it is hard to get rid of some! Mom made me sort through some tonight, and I felt bad getting rid of even some fancy erasers that I used to collect. How silly is that?