Tuesday, July 05, 2005
4th of July
Today Karen and Zach came here on their way back to Laramie. They and Dad talked me into going with them to our churchs' 4th of July picnic in the church yard. Being the stick in the mud that I am, I didn't want to go but I am glad now because I ended up having a lot of fun! Dad made coleslaw for our dish to bring . Paster grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and with all the other food people brought it was all good. Then we played volleyball . I usually do not play, but just watch, but today I played and although I can't get the ball over the net very good, I try to at least hit it, to set it up, so another team player can then hit it on over the net. I can serve good though!! We then ate, sang songs, and had a service. Then we again played volleyball till it starting getting dark. Then everyone was leaving to go over to Jim and Mary Fowlers house to watch fireworks. We were not sure if we would be able to watch the fireworks as Karen and Zach had the long drive yet to Laramie and if we waited to watch the fireworks it would be after midnight before they would get home and they both had to get up early to work tuesday. But we decided to go and watch with everyone else at the Fowlers instead of the fairgrounds, that way Karen and Zach could just take off then when it was over and beat the traffic from the fairgrounds. Fowlers have a really good view from their house so it was real good watching it there. There were several horses in a field right behind their house. I guess the people that own them live out of town and probably didn't know about the fireworks , other wise they surely would have put them in the barn , because the horses were racing back and forth pretty much through the whole fireworks show . It was really scaring them and all that separated them from us was a little white picket fence which made me think to have my get away planned in cause they charged through the fence! anyway it was all good and we had a great time. and Karen and ZAch made it home safe and in good time. I have to work tomorrow also so better get going as its nearly 2 am!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment