My Missy is still hanging in there :) She Will be "15" years old this December! I believe she is the longest I have ever had a dog. She had one odd eposode a few days ago. After coming in from the back yard, she started staggering. I noticed she was acting odd too. She started pawing at her mouth as if something stuck in it. Knowing her heart is weak, I took her immediately to the vet to have her checked out. He could not find anything wrong other than he did say her heart seems alittle worse than the last time he had seen her a couple months ago. He also said the staggering and odd behavior could have been a slight siezure. I asked if he could put her on something to help her heart, so he gave me the same pills her sister shirley had to be on. I think shirley was too far gone though when she was put on the pills because shirleys siezures were very severe and she was dead within 2 weeks after the first seizure. Missy on the other hand seems pretty good right now and has not had any more eposodes. I have to brace myself though cause I am afraid she might not make it too much longer. I am hoping she will be ok but I have to be prepared. I am hoping when she goes, it will be in her sleep and she wont suffer at all.
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
My Missy is still hanging in there :) She Will be "15" years old this December! I believe she is the longest I have ever had a dog. She had one odd eposode a few days ago. After coming in from the back yard, she started staggering. I noticed she was acting odd too. She started pawing at her mouth as if something stuck in it. Knowing her heart is weak, I took her immediately to the vet to have her checked out. He could not find anything wrong other than he did say her heart seems alittle worse than the last time he had seen her a couple months ago. He also said the staggering and odd behavior could have been a slight siezure. I asked if he could put her on something to help her heart, so he gave me the same pills her sister shirley had to be on. I think shirley was too far gone though when she was put on the pills because shirleys siezures were very severe and she was dead within 2 weeks after the first seizure. Missy on the other hand seems pretty good right now and has not had any more eposodes. I have to brace myself though cause I am afraid she might not make it too much longer. I am hoping she will be ok but I have to be prepared. I am hoping when she goes, it will be in her sleep and she wont suffer at all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
missy has been so loyal! i miss her i want 2 come visit very soon!!!! :)
I love missy. Hey that's a cool picture...WHERE did you get that? Hmmm...it seems like I saw that picture SOMEWHERE...
Post a Comment