Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A woman and her purse

How many of you have accidentally left your purse somewhere out in public? How many of you did not get it back? How many of you remember that feeling of panic when first discovering you don't have your purse? How many remember that wonderful feeling of relief when you find your purse?! I know Karen has gone through this on 2 occasions that I know of, as I was with her in her panic as we drove back to walmart and so thankfully found her purse, still sitting in the shopping cart in the parking lot! And also the time she left her purse in a gas station restroom in Cheyenne and did not realize it until we drove the 73 miles home. Thankfully a nice lady had turned it in and everything was intact. How nice when good people do the right thing! I had just such a panic last night in the mall. Ken and I went ring shopping. First we went to a store not far from the mall. Then we went to the mall. We stopped and were browsing at some rings at one of the stores there. I made the mistake I always nag my girls not to do. I put my purse down on one of the many chairs they had there, along with my coat. I remember now that I had also done this at the previous store we visited that was not in the mall. We browsed for awhile and talked with the sales girl. Then we left and went to another store. Browsing again. Then walked to another store and picked up some ring catalogs there. Then we walked aways to the restrooms. As I went into the stall, it hit me! I believe it hit me then because it is my habit of, as I go into the stall to look for a hook to hang my purse on and then.....NO PURSE! OH MY GOSH! PANIC! (I did have my coat on) My panic was way over the top....I rushed out and it just so happened that these particular bathrooms had no doors on them, they were just open, mens on one side, womens on the other. I just wanted to tell Ken right away, so I went to the mens bathroom doorway yelling for Ken, and could see right in, but did not care. A man was standing there just staring at me in amazement as I stood there yelling for Ken. Thankfully the man seemed to be just drying his hands with a paper towel. I didn't really notice, as my only focus was my panic and finding Ken. Ken was behind him and came out then as I am yelling "my purse! I can't find my purse! where did we go last?" Well, I realized at that point that a mans reaction to a lost purse is no where near what a womens is, as he seemed to be moving in slow motion. He said "I will go look for it" But he was going like a snail, so slow, like he was just walking for a nice little outing or something....I took off running then...realizing time is of the essence here, as the mall was crowded with people any of whom could very easily see the purse, pick it up, and be off never to be seen again....I wasn't sure though in my panic where I left it. Was it the first store that wasn't even in the mall?? I could not for the life of me remember when I had even had my purse last. But thankfully I ran to the right store first off which was the very first one we had gone to apon entering the Mall....I ran in to the store, did not see the purse at first, but saw the sales lady we had spoken to. "Did I leave my purse here???" I had such a sinking feeling as she had a bewildered look and said "I don't think so" But awwww such sweet relief as I spied my purse, still in the chair, where I had so carelessly left it! I was so relied, I couldn't talk or concentrate on anything else for some time. Ken still doesn't understand my panic I don't think....It must be something between a woman and her purse.....

3 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

Oh man, no more purse lectures from mom since you have done it...hehehehe

Anonymous said...

Lucky it was still there! I would be panicking too. All my credit cards and my driver's license and other important things are in there.

Karen and Zach said...

i agree with cindy, no more naggin! (although I've also left my purse at McDonalds...AHH!)