Sunday, May 28, 2006

Cindy decided to take a detour on her way home tonight from Nebraska and came to our house to surprize us! I am so happy she did! I had been feeling down all day today, but was trying my best not to be. Having her here has helped raise my spirits, Thank you cindy! I think being my birthday today had gotten me thinking of birthdays past. I have heard it is best not to think too much about the past, for sometimes, it can make you grieve for things or people that you have lost. I know I grieve alot for my parents at times. But also I havent been feeling well the past couple of weeks. And on top of not feeling well in general, I have had a sudden onset of terrible persistant back pain, not brought on by anything I did, it just came about the same time as the feeling ill. I went to a doctor who did a blood test and a exam and could not find the cause. I also went to a chiropracter, he thought my pelvis was out of align and twisted it this way and that. It has not helped. Talking with Cindy tonight about my back pain, somehow we got on the subject of the west nile virus, I was diagnosed through a blood test with west nile virus about 2 years ago. Cindy mentioned that she read somewhere that this virus stays in your system and can cause trouble later on. This got me thinking about my symptoms then, and my symptoms now, and I realize I am having some similiar ones. One of the symptoms I had with west nile was a jitteriness, unable to concentrate, or sit still, almost like I wanted to jump out of my skin. I am also having that now. also the headaches. and feeling like my brain is swollen sorta. hard to think. I went on line to see if my back pain could also be a part of west nile and read that back pain is a symptom of it, although, I dont remember having it when I was sick with west nile the first time. another symptom is depression which I am having also right now. So it sounds to me like I am having a sorta relapse of the west nile virus. Now I just need to know what I can do to get well. So far reading about it, I dont see anything on how to help.

2 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

im glad i helped you feel happier:D im not sure what to do for west nile either, just watch yourself closely, have a doctor know thats what it may be. Rest, and eat good :) We can eat some of my fruit later thats good for you!!

Cindy Loo said...

love you mama! glad i came too:)