Thursday, January 04, 2007

The high winds of last night almost took our trampolene! For the first time I can ever remember this happening to it. Our fence almost always comes apart with the winds, and last night was no exception. Dad had to go out around 10 pm to put some screws in it where it had come apart and was threatening to fall down. This wind would come in waves, like labor pains, it would blow fiercly and then let up to complete calm for a few minutes and start over again. during this calm I would let the dogs out to relieve themselves. and during one of these calm times, I noticed the trampolene sticking up funny on the north side. my first thought was the wind had taken it up off the ground and bent it up like that. I was worried because it was headed for the house! that could have caused alot of damage! so at 11 pm dad and I went out to see what we could do. I discovered that the wind had taken the trampolene apart where the top metal part with the mat and springs fits over and down upon the bottom part. (I didnt realize it fit together like that, it had been so many years since we put it together and this had never ever come apart before) anyway Ken hammered it back into place and then we duct taped it to hopefully keep it together. and I am thinking we should put some screws in there too. Ken also hammered railroad spikes over the legs of it, but as soft as the ground is, that probably wont do much. I will see about putting screws into that place where it came apart to be sure it doesnt happen again!

2 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

oh man! have had that trampoline over a decade of fierce winds! oh and good simile use, comparing the wind to labor pains, impressed :D:D:D:D

Anonymous said...

thankyou!