Thursday, January 25, 2007

I broke into the 130's this morning. When I weighed myself this morning I was at 139. I havent been down that low for a couple years. My weight has been stuck at 150 for quite some time, in fact I was getting pretty discouraged because it was sometimes going higher than that. as high as 154 on some days. I dont know for sure why I have suddenly been able to lose weight but the things that I believe are helping are: I started taking fish oil capsules (recommended dose on the brand i take is 2 capsules a day), I drink lots of water, I try to walk on my treadmill for a minimum of 30 minutes a day, I am careful of what I eat and how much, A typical diet for me is this: breakfast: weight control instant oatmeal (with milk)(I add one of those small boxes of raisens to it) lunch: ramon noodles (I add a can of tuna or sometimes a can of chicken to them and may also add vegetables to it like peas, I vary it) supper may be just some kind of vegetable such as frozen broccoli, cauliflower, good vegetables like that. In between times I eat yogurt (love yogurt) I also use slim fast vanilla shakes to fill me up when I get hungry. but I dont usually drink more than one of these a day. probably doesnt sound too yummy a diet for most people but its seems to be working for me at this time. I think the fish oil has really helped decrease my appetite. My son-in-law who is in school to be a pharmacist, has warned me about being careful with fish oil capsules, some ingredients in the fish oil may be fat soluable, which means they store up in your body and can cause problems if you get too much. so must be careful not to take more than recommended and if you feel dizzy ,more headaches than normal, or any other unusual symptoms, get off of them for a couple weeks. this also includes vit. "E", vit. "A", vit. "D" and vit. "K" these all store in your liver and can cause problems if you take too much. Vitamins like vit. "C" are water soluable and any excess will not store in your body but are flushed out. so vit. "C" is a good one to replace daily. ok enough of this! hehe wish I was smart enough to be a pharmacist, all kinds of vitamins and medicines are really interesting to me. but I am glad I have a budding pharmacist in the family!

2 comments:

Cindy Loo said...

you know mom, Ramon noodles arent too good for you..haha:) love you Glad your eating so well and taking care of your body, now if we can only hook karen, amber, and dad....hmmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

I wish I could lose wait like that...maybe someday when I am not so tired after work that I don't do anything much...I have been doing good on my stepper, it's a start, but being sick the last 2 days hasn't helped!